Sunday, April 11, 2010

Yankees T-Ball First Practice

Friday was the first T-Ball practice for the 2010 Yankees team here in little 'ole Gardner. I somehow convinced Robert to be the coach for Cody's team this year. We have been so excited for the season to start and we had a great first practice. There are 12 kids on the team and 4 of them live right here on our street, and are Cody's best buds. I had so much fun watching the boys practice and watching Robert try to keep there attention for a hour. The boys were a lot more skilled than we had thought they would be and all did really well at throwing, hitting and running. I think Robert's big goal for the season will be to try to give them some understanding of what playing a real game is all about. Mostly we just want the boys to have fun and be excited to come to practice every week. I know Cody is loving it, he woke up on Saturday morning asking if we could go to practice again.

Here is Robert giving the pre-practice parents meeting....

Running the bases...

I was right behind the fence with the lens of my new camera through one of the holes in the fence. Robert thought it would be funny to tell the boys to try and hit me.....well Kollin was all about that and just about did. Made for a cool picture though...

This is the next shot i took but i backed up, i was a little nervous, i didn't want my lens to get hit with a ball. Cody actually threw it over the fence in his quest to "hit" me, what a stinker. Those boys have good arms....

Talking to the team, what a bunch.
We are looking forward to a great season. I can't begin to tell you how much fun i am going to have watching these little guys play. Now if i can just figure out a way to keep Jake off the field!?

No comments: