Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cody's first day of Preschool



Today was Cody's first day of Preschool. He has been so excited to start preschool, he would ask us everyday if he got to go yet, so this morning he was so happy that I finally said "yes you are going to school today." He wanted to go as soon as he got out of bed but we put him in afternoon preschool because let's be honest here, I could not possibly get him, me and Jake up, ready and to school by 8:30am, I know we will have to do it sooner or later but I am opting for later at the moment. Anyway he had to wait until 12:30 to go so he settled for wearing his backpack while he ate breakfast.
The time finally came to get in the car and go, yeah. We got to his school "Little People's Place" with plenty of time to spare. His teachers name is Miss Becky, he walked right in and started to play, he really didn't even look back. I guess I should be grateful he had such a easy time being dropped off, or should I be sad because he probably thinks I'm really that boring and school is a welcome break from mom, either way he barley said good-bye.
Me and Jake went home and Jake actually went down for a nap right away. So there I was, one kid at school and one in bed, I had no idea what to do, the house was so quiet, the dogs were looking at me like "what's going on here?" So I ate lunch, read some of the book I have been trying to start for months and cleaned the house a bit, it was actually a nice little break!
At 3:30 me and Jake went to pick Cody up. Cody's teacher said what a good job he did and couldn't stop commenting on how polite he was and that he used his words so well, and that she was very impressed with him. Yeah I was so happy, he's turning into a little man. He told me all the things he did on the way home, he said he had so much fun and wants to go again tomorrow, which is good because it's already been paid for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - how cute is Cody, starting preschool already. What a darling picture - Cody you are growing up soooooo fast. We can hardly wait to see you in September. We love you.
from Papa and Grandma Denney

jg said...

That is crazy I can't believe he is that old! What a cute kid! You did a great job with him!