Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July weekend





We had a fun 4th of July weekend. Cody was so so excited for fireworks he could hardly stand it. In the afternoon we went swimming, which I had been dying to do all summer. Cody had fun playing in the water, jake got in for a minute but wasn't too sure about it so since we didn't get any smiles out of it and no pics I have decided that we are not counting it as Jake's first time swimming, so maybe next month we'll try again. Later that night we got a few fireworks and put on a little show for us and a few of the neighbors. It was quite loud in our neighborhood and Jake slept through the whole thing, he is such a good sleeper, yes I do know how lucky I am! The city's fireworks display was lit off at the High School right by our house so we had a great view right from our front lawn.

2 comments:

The Skiby Family said...

Robert, are you wearing a long sleaved white shirt in the pool?? Your kids are so cute. That baby, my goodness. I hope you are guys are doing well in KC. It is fun to see the photos of the family.

Davis Family said...

Actually, I did wear a long sleaved white shirt to the pool, but I think there was something in the water because when I got home it was bright red and hurt really bad??