Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Day 2009

I just wanted to take a minute this Thanksgiving eve to say how many things that i have to be thankful for....I have a beautiful healthy family and we are so blessed to be living the life we live. I am thankful for my freedom and for the men and women who fight to defend it everyday. Our family had a wonderful day aside from the fact that our big screen t.v. went out about a half a hour before dinner. I won't lie it did throw Robert into a big of a frenzy and i thought i might loose him for a while but i had him take a deep breath, eat some turkey and then go get those ad's that we thought we were done with. As is stands right now he will be at Wal-mart tomorrow at 5am, i am hoping for the best.
We did have a yummy dinner though and Jake sat with us at the table instead of in his highchair for the first time, he thought he was so cool and he was actually very well behaved and ate like the champ that he always does. Cody had chicken nuggets and he was forced to take a bite of turkey before he left the table, mind you he had to do it while plugging his nose and followed by a quick drink, i mean really!
I made my own pies for the first time this year and they turned out pretty good, i know a few things to change for next year but i think it was a good first attempt. Next year i will make real mashed potatoes and then maybe the year after that i will dive into homemade stuffing. I am baby stepping my way to a full homemade Thanksgiving meal.


My first pies - Pumpkin and Cherry

We played pin the hat on the turkey, it was actually pretty fun...

The end result..

The boy's ready to eat

Jake was digging his Turkey dinner

1 comment:

Karen and Scott said...

Looks like you had a great day. Your pies look wonderful. You really do have alot to be thankful for. Those are two very cute little boys.