Monday, January 12, 2009

Kansas Whitetail's

Ok I have been getting a lot of flack for not doing a post on the Deer hunting here in Kansas so here it goes. Robert shot his first Whitetail deer this season. He was very excited to bring it home to show Cody and the excitement was mutual. There have been several deer hung in my garage this season and Cody is always excited to check them out. Robert got this deer's antlers made into a European mount and that is hanging in our guest/dog room, I thought that was pretty nice of me to allow, it actually looks very nice.
Robert's 10 point Kansas Whitetail Deer
At the first of December Robert's brother Jason came out to visit/hunt, mostly the hunt part. He was after a monster Whitetail of his own and boy did they find one for him. This was the biggest buck that Robert had ever seen in the area that they hunt. It made the record books and is currently at the taxidermist being mounted to hang in Jason's house. The deer had part of a fence stuck in it's antlers when he shot it and all the guys thought that was pretty cool. I kept suggesting that they take the fence off for the pictures but apparently I didn't get it.

Well I am looking forward to this years deer season when I can walk out in my garage and smell the fresh venison and see the blood stained wall, oh the memories! I'm just joking, well not really but I don't mind it too much. Robert is lucky to have such a loving wife that let's him hang dead deer in the garage and have dead birds in her freezer, I must love him I guess!



1 comment:

Jerry and Sarah said...

You are a better woman than I am! I'm glad he has fun hunting and it's not my husband :)