Monday, September 22, 2008

The Elk Hunt

Well we are back from our trip to Utah for the Bull Elk hunt Robert went on with his brother. It was a success and even though they had to track it straight up a very steep mountain side I think they would all agree that the memories were well worth it. If I waited for Robert to do this post it may never happen so I will try to do my best at describing the hunt. Robert's brother Jason drew out to hunt bull elk this year by his house in Heber, Ut. Robert and his Dad said that they would be there to help out in any way they could. Robert actually ended up catching the whole hunt on video tape and it was fun to be able to watch it with them. Our 7 yr old nephew Derrick went right along with all the men and was a trooper as he climbed the mountains with everyone else. I could tell how much it ment to Jason that Derrick was there to see the big elk in person and that he was truly a part of the hunt! I think they all had fun, even though they all say that Jason owes them big time for them packing out the various pieces of the huge elk, they did have a bunch of Jason's friends with them too and I know they were glad for all the help. I am going to let you all count the points on the elk because I don't want to get it wrong and I hate to say that maybe I wasn't paying that much attention when they said the stats of the fellow. There is much more to the story of the hunt, like how many times Jason shot and that it took a while to find the big guy but Robert tells it better then I could so maybe I will try to talk him into giving you all some more details. All in all our Utah trip was great, we got to spend a lot of time with family and friends and we tried to enjoy the mountains along the way. I will probably be posting some more pic's of our trip but I wanted this post dedicated to the reason for the trip!

The proud Davis men!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is there no mention of your pitiful Sequence skills?????? You might want to tell everyone that you have never won at Sequence against the Farrells!!

Davis Family said...

Do you have any pictures of you cheating....errrr....I mean beating the Davis' in a game of Sequence??? I didn't think so, never happened.

jg said...

It was so great to see you! Can't wait until you come in December!

Anonymous said...

denial is the first symptom!!!!