Saturday, January 23, 2010

Indoor Camping Adventure

Cody had been asking for a while if him and Robert could set up the tent and have a camp out in the house so Friday night we made all his dreams come true. It actually was a really fun night. The boys got a kick out of getting the tent set up and playing around in it. Jake actually laid down in it and watched cartoons for a while, i was quite shocked to see him so still but he seemed to be enjoying just lying there in the fun tent.

Here are the men of the house getting the tent set up...

All done and ready to goof around...

We had to make Smores, what would a camp out be without Smores??

Cody got a wee bit messy... and asked for seconds of course.

I waited to get in until the air mattresses were in place and there were blankets and pillows a plenty... it was very cozy and comfy in there. We watched Bolt and ate some popcorn after i put Jake to bed, Cody thought he was pretty cool getting to stay up later than Jake.

Robert and Cody and the dogs slept in there all night and in Cody's words "It was the best night ever!" This is a pic of him and Belle the morning after. They played video games in there most of the morning until we took the tent down.

3 comments:

Jerry and Sarah said...

How fun! We've put the tent up in our living room - but we're party poopers and haven't let the kids sleep out in it yet. I'm too selfish and want my living room after the kids go to bed. I guess I should let them have the best night of their life too, huh.

Russ and Jamie said...

that looks like so much fun! I love your new blog too!!
Jamie

The Skiby Family said...

So fun. We haven't ever done an camp "in." I might even be willing to do that. Nolan has camped in the backyard with the boys a couple of times, both times when I have been out of town. I would have opted out anyway. That looks like fun though. Might have to steal the idea. We are feeling a little couped up....I hate winter. Cute, cute boys.